Pocket (formerly Read it Later) for Maxthon Browser

I think you know what is Pocket. Pocket became a part of Mozilla Firefox a few months ago. I am sure that Firefox users noticed it. Many users objected to the integration of Pocket in Firefox and their logic is simple: if I want to use Pocket I'll use extension, but why do you compel me to live with Pocket if I don't use this service?! Built-in Pocket in Firefox is a very controversial decision. But... Pocket is really convenient in some cases and many people can not imagine their life without Pocket already. So what Pocket is?

Pocket, the premier Save for Later app, lets you consume and share content whenever you want, wherever you want, even without an internet connection. It's written on the Pocket's facebook page. When you come across an article, video or a webpage you'd like to read but can't at that time, save it to Pocket. You can then read or watch it whenever you have a moment, whether it's on the couch, during your commute, on the plane, train, or practically anywhere. If you saved article you can read it later in Pocket without switching to the source website. But if you save the home page of website as Facebook or YouTube it will work as bookmark. So you can use Pocket for sync your data between different browsers. And this is really usefull. "Life without Pocket is so terrible!", - wrote a lot of people when Pocket was unavailable for several hours.

OK. Pocket is usefull for many peoples. But what if you start to use new browser? And what if Pocket's extension does not exist for this browser? What if this browser is IE or Nitro and it does not support any extension? What should you do? You can save all links manually: just copy URL and paste it in Pocket. Or you can use bookmarklet: just save the script in bookmarks once and use it every time when you need it. Or just don't use Pocket more. Sadly, but if user can not find desired expansion, he often chooses the third way and stops to use this service

And what about Maxthon? About Maxthon I write very often and "Maxthon" in the title of this publication. So I have to write something about MX. Does Pocket for Maxthon exist? Of course no! It was my answer several months ago. Pocket Team did not hurry to create any extension for unpopular browser. And I did it for them.

What we have in the Pocket for Maxthon:
  1. Script for fast save of opened page. It's not official bookmarklet. This script works via old special page for save URL in Pocket. When you click "Add in Pocket" you link will be saved automatically, but you can add your tags if you need it.
  2. Website menu is duplicated in toolbar. There are your list, favorites, articles, recommendations, account, settings and other useful links such as support and feedback.
  3. Your Pocket list in sidebar. You can change size of this window. And "x" button really closes window, but not minimize it as in other Maxthon extensions by default.
 

You can install Pocket for Maxthon from Extensions Center. And I really need your feedback. Write about all mistakes and bugs. Write if you want to see something else. I'll try to add it. It' s not so difficult.

Usually I translate extensions only in English and Russian, but Pocket is something more. So I already translated Pocket for Maxthon in English, Russian, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Polish. I don't speak these languages, I used Google Translator, so I could  make a lot of mistakes. Let me know if you find it. And if you want to help me with translations in othr languages (all languages which are used in Pocket you can see here). If you ready to help my in this you have to translate in your language this terms:
English - Russan
Add in Pocket - Добавить в Pocket
My list - Мой список
Favorites - Избранное
Archive - Архив
Recommended - Рекомендации
Options - Настройки
Help - Помощь
Email us - Написать нам
Request a feature - Оставить отзыв
About Pocket - Что за Pocket?
Rate and Review - Оценки и замечания

And now about Nitro and IE... 
I already wrote about it: If you don't have extensions for your browser you can save links manually or use bookmarklet. Open special page and drag the Pocket button in favorites bar. It'll work. And this is one of ways to sync your data in Nitro.  It's better than nothing!

Share via AddThis or Shareaholic
Перевод на русский

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения