All Maxthon problems because of... unprofessional staff


Introduction


I never thought that I would have to return to this subject, but now it is necessary. Today Maxthon is going through hard times. Maxthon never be very popular outside of China and Exatel report struck on MX reputation rather strongly. What should the company do in this situation? Just fix all found bugs, close all known vulnerabilities and ask the Exatel and other secure company to check all verisons of browser (at least MX3, MX4, MX 4.9 and MX5) after the hot updates. If the company that discovered spying will say that now this is absolutely secure browser and all known vulnerabilities are closed people will belive and users can trust MX again.

This is what Maxthon should to do. But what they really do? Nothing. I don't talk about developers, I talk about managers, SMM, administrators, moderators, etc. They can not make browser better, this is not their work, but they can effect on the browser reputation. And what do they do? Just remove all references to Exatel's report and other bad stories about Maxthon. "This is bad for our reputation", - they say. Of course this is bad for your reputation, but if you just remove all mention of this you will not fix the causes of these events and people will not trust you again!

Any leak is bad for your reputation


By the way, Exatel's report is not the only Maxthon's problem. There are a lot of bad stories. But bad stories can happaned with anyone. Big companies are not immune from trouble. For example, leaks: you make something new and someone upload you product in the web before it will be ready to release. Not so bad, but this is underdone product and it will not work as you want. There are a lot of bugs and mistakes. And if this build will be available in the web, it can be serious blow to your reputation. Probably, you remember leaked builds of MX with new quick access and AdBlock Plus. Users who found and istilled those build has a lot of problems because of bugs and bad optimization. So leaks are not uncommon for Maxthon.

Now, just imagine: you have found the leak. Should you tell Maxthon Team about this? Of course! Becuse this is their reputation, they have to protect development and find the source of leakes. And I do it: I find this leak and write about this to Maxthon Team.

What I found and what I did 


I am involved in two chat rooms with Maxthon administration:
  • old chat room with almost all moderators and administrators
  • new chat room with BugSir007, BugSir005 and Anna Zhang
Not all moderators have so many powers, the first room has too many participants who can not do anything in current situation. So BugSir007 created a new chat, where we can talk without unnecessary witnesses. It was almost one year ago. He added BugSir005 and Anna Zhang.

When I found new leaked of pre-alpha MX build for staff / crew only (i don't know how it's called in English), I wrote about it in the second chat room. And I noted that all publications on moderators sub-forum are confidential and no one can publish it outside. In other words, this interal stuff build on other website is a direct violation of the fifth paragraph of the rules for moderators:
Be reliable: All information in the moderator forums and sub-forums is considered confidential and should not be shared with other members or non-members. If a moderator is found disclosing information from these forums, they will be immediately and permanently IP banned.
By the way, there are many stolen Wilser's skins on the websites where I found leaked MX builds and it may be considered as a violation of the third paragraph of the rules for ordinary users:
Uploading or linking to user content. Any content (skins / extensions) posted by users must be their own or must have permission from the original author. If you are not the original author of the content, a link must be provided of written permission from the original author allowing you to post the content (including screenshots for skins). Otherwise, only a link to the authors post will be permitted. Violators will be warned and if the warnings are not heeded, further action will be necessary.

Do you think it's enough and MX Team will thanks for the find? No! BugSir005 said that they will investigate the issue with stolen Wilser's skins, that they don't understand what I mean when I talk about "internal build for staff / crew only" and that I am too preconceived / prejudiced. Because I'm influential member among MX users, but I write about MX problems too often. 


In other words:
Write that Maxthon is the best browser ever and MX has no problems or shut up!

I can not agree with two things:
  1. I don't belive that they will investigate the stealing of Wilser's skins. They know about this many months. Many moderators know what websites, pages and blogs they should check and they check it. But ordinary moderators can not do anything with this. And after more then year BigSir005 begins investigation. Cool!
  2. I very rarely start new topic on MX forum and I've never written anything on Maxthon's Facebook page. I write on my page only. Just check it!
So this accusation is absolutely false! Is this professional? Is this competent? Is it worthy of action for manager of this company? No, because:
  1. It's not true. I never start negative discussion nor on MX forum or on Facebook (with rare exceptions). If I wrote "negative" comments it means that it was question about something negative (in most cases it is bugs).
  2. Show me the rule that I can write only good things on forum.
  3. When I have listed these two points I got 2 warning points on forum. Reason: despise admin!

So... If you can not find the direct violation of the rules, try to block user because of something else. Who will check it? No one. Is it professional or competent?

Why Maxthon do this 


What is real reasons of the incident? I think this is because of Exatele report. I think after this many users left Maxthon and many users leave MX every day. Maxthon tries to talk that there are many new users, but where these users? And where are old users? I think MX Team feel that this is serious problem and they panic. That's whay they think that every bad publications may be the last nail in the coffin.

But look on my blog. Here are a lot of translations about Exatel report. Here are a lot of publications about bugs and other Maxthon problems. And there are my arguments why MX explanation of "spying" can not be true. So may be this is real reason for Maxthon manager actions?

But this is my blog! My blog is only my business! And my profile in Facebook, Twitter, Googe+ and other social networks is only my business too! And who read my blog? This is 1K monthly. ESET Nod 32 is more serious problem, because this is hundreds of thousands users!

SMM who does not understand how the official forum works


Look on my profile on Maxthon forum. You can see all my comments and all my topic. We will talk about comments below, now we intrested in topics only:
Its all my topic on Maxthon forum this year. Where is something "bad" for Maxthon reputation? Only translation of one Polish article about Exatel report. But this is translation!

So I want to aks:
Is the person who can not open user profile and look his topics before try to block him the real professional?

SMM who does not understand how Facebook work


Look on Maxthon Facebook page. Can you find any my post there. Yes. But this is publications on my page where I gave link to Maxthon. Try to find my publication on Maxthon page dicrectly. There are no! Because I never wrote on Maxthon page. I don't need it. When I write about MX on my page, Facebook add the copy of this publication on Maxthon page. This is discussing, the second index after the likes.

So I want to ask:
Is the person who can not open official pages on Facebook and check my publications the real professional? Or BugSir005 told about my comments? Because this is even sillier...

"Bad" comments


If BugSir005 talk about my comments or replies, it can be true, but MX Team can not blame me for this. For example, I remember that one user ask why his antivirus said that Maxthon is not save. There were possible answers:
  1. This user just can not understand how his antivirus works. All right, but he think that something wrong. Noob!
  2. This is because of Exatel's report and UEIP.
  3. This is real verus in Maxthon.

What do you choose? What MX will choose? And what should I choose? I answered that this is beacuse of UEIP. Because many antiviruses mark MX as unwanted soft after Exatel report (we already told about this). And every who replied was agree with this. 

So what is my fault? I ask because it looks like Maxthon many years collected user data, Exatel informed all world about this, some antivirus developers mark Maxthon as unsafe and BugSir005 think that this is my fault. My... Not users who ask about viruser in the browser, not developers who call MX dangerous soft, not Exatel who found the spying in the browser and not the websites where this information has been published. My!

If someone will ask "Why I can not watch video on Twitter?", - I'll answer "Because of old Flash. MX updates it very rarely. Just update it manually".  And in BugSir005 opinion this is the "bad" answer. But this "bad" answer will solve the problem and will be helpful for user!

Typical advice of Maxthon administrators


Just look on offical Maxthon replies on Facebook or their own forum. For example, many users asked "Why my settings reset to default from time to time?". There are a few variants what MX administrators can answer:
  1. Thanks that are using our browser. I will tell about your problem our technical team.
  2. What version do you use? If this is old version, update it. If this is new, uninstill and try old.
  3. We need more information to help you. What is your OS? What extensions do you use? And other useless clarifying questions... How old are your? Do you have kids? 
  4. I don't have problems with this. Are you sure that you have?
And when I read these "good" answers from official Maxthon accounts I really can not belive that this is some one from MX Team. Do you really use your own browser? Because if you do, you know that this is very old bug of your popup blocker! I wrote about this here and I wrote about this to MX moderators on forum. If I found this question I'll answere "Just disable popup blocker. This is very old bug!". And what reply will be more usefull? "Good" MX reply with thanks or my "bad" reply with decision? Maybe from time to time you have to talk about bugs? Or you can just fix it. Why not? Why ordinary users like me have to help other ordinary users? 

Effects


Now all my comments and topics must be pre-moderation and I can not the the part of content because I have 2 warning points for despise admin. Show me where!
- I know you often stay around here, to help resolve problems and I think you're influential member among the users, so you can not write anything bad on our forum and Facebook.
- But I did not.
- Are you trying to argue with me? This is disrespect and I can block you for this!
- And what? Who will stay here and solve problems?

Now BugSir005 will pre-modarete all my replies on forum, person who don't understand how his own forum works: because any one can open my profile and see all topic and comments what I wrote. And now BugSir005 want to choose what my reply can be shown for other users, person who can not understand how Facebook works. Because I never wrote on Maxthon's Facebook page and everyone can see this if visit MX page: I wrote on my page only. But my page is my business! And this persons will teach me to be objective and impartial. Person who don't know how Facebook and MX forum work will teach me how I have to use these. Person who can not answer any elementary question from ordinary users will teach me how I have to answer. I will answer as I want and as will be usefull for user!

If BugSir005 really want to block me, he really can do it. Because I know my messages and I know that there is really was insulting phrase. But this was not my phrase, this was quote, another typical answer from fake Russian MX pages. And in the end of the talking I said "Stop talking and begin working! Solve issues, but don't try to hide it only!". This is my words. And I have already explained why I think so. MX have to fix all UIEP bugs and ask Exatel to check it again. But now MX just try to hide it.

I do not break MX forum rules when writing this


Point 2 of Maxthon furum rules:
You will not violate a person’s privacy by publishing information without permission that is private and personal. If you feel the need to do this, send one of our moderators a message before doing so. 
I don't violate any personal information. Nickname only. This is confidential information, everyone can see this on forum.

Point 4 of Maxthon forum rules:
Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
I have not insulted anyone. Neither here nor in the forum. And when I quote offending phrase and ask why this person is not banned, this is not insult too.

Point 9 of Maxthon forum rules:
Members may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however,disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forum.
I don't break MX forum rules when writing this because this is not MX forum. This is my blog and I can do anything what I want.

And you guys have to understand: yes, you have powers. But this is you work. This is you responsibility. And if you are breaking your rules to block someone who did not break, people can really doubt your competence.

So... All Maxthon problems because of unprofessional staff


  • Managers don't use own browser, don't know about known issues and can not answer elementary questions
  • SMM don't know how popular social networks work
  • Extensions moderators don't know that reject reason is limited and if you reject several extension developer can see the first reason only
  • Developers can not find the bug after 9 years and 3 full rebuild of browser

I really can not believe that Maxthon managers and admininstrators really use own browser. From time to time they don't know elementary things. They don't know that if you can not open website in MX, you can try to use Retro mode. They don't know that sniffer is useless for YouTube and other website with HTML5 player. They don't know that  the reason for almost all probleims with games and video is too old Flash. They don't know it or just silent, because this is "bad for Maxthon's reputation".

I understand that after this post they really can block my account. They don't have any reason for this in the rules, but they can. But it does not mean that now I have to be silent. They want to block person who made about 10% of available today extensions for their browser and taught other users how to make these extensions only because someone was offended.

By the way


I got these 2 warning points at the same time with a message from Anna Zhang. She said that I shoud forgive and forget. But I can not and I have no reason for this. I gave you a lot of proofs of violations, I found the source of your leaks and you try to block me because of this, becaue this is bad for your reputation? Such actions are bad for your repupation!

Jeff Chen, Maxthon CEO, said that Maxthon is not so popular, because they don't need money for PR. But look on Vivaldy, very small company, but people know about it and people love it. And this is because respect to own users only. You don't need PR if you staff don't try to kill you company because of ego!


Thats all...
Share via AddThis or Shareaholic
Translate via GoogleYandexBing or Promt
Перевести на русский

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения